The Swift Programming Language
Tutorials are great, but if you want to understand every line of codes and the difference between Swift and other programming languages, reading the Swift reference book would be a good option.
All tutorials listed here are for Xcode 6 Beta 4 + Swift & 4 Beginners
Free Udemy course – Game
Learn to create a Flappy Bird like iOS game with Xcode 6 Beta + Swift.
This course is very much focused on step-by-step instructions.
If you want to understand all these lines of codes, read the Swift reference book.
Everything aside, it’s a lot of fun making it. 🙂
I’m an absolute beginner; if I can do it anyone can make it.
Go to the course
- Create a single view App in Xcode 6 B1 with Swift
- Get introduced to the user interface of Xcode 6 (not much, but enough to get started)
- Build a Simple PickerView including:
- Setup the delegate and data source for the picker view
- Add an Outlet in the View Controller
- Add necessary methods for the picker view to work
- Run this simple App in iOS simulator
Video tutorial: The end result is pretty much the same, only method is slightly different.